Sujin Park - Osteopath
Since graduating as a physiotherapist from Yonsei University in South Korea, I have treated patients with exercise to correct dysfunctional movement. To extend my knowledge of exercise I have studied Rehabilitation Pilates, which makes the training more diverse and exciting for my patients. Pilates is an interesting workout based on simple exercises with a focus on posture and breathing, which can be applied to even to elderly patients.
However, I met a patient who suffered from psychological and physical trauma. I could not help her with Physiotherapy nor Pilates and she experienced great results from osteopathic treatment.
I have always been interested in the connection between mind and body, and a treatment approach bringing both of them together was a new and exciting idea for me.
At that point, I knew I need to know more about Osteopathy. After a few courses in South Korea, I arrived at the conclusion that the best way to learn this amazing treatment approach is to do the full 4-year program at the European School
of Osteopathy in the UK.
After I have finished my study at the ESO, I am looking forward to treating patients again and I never want to stop improving my skills and learning new techniques.
What do you enjoy most about your work?
I feel great fulfilment to see my patients getting better with my treatments and that my humble contributions could improve their quality of life. I enjoy listening to them and learning from them.
In which areas do you specialise?
Analysing movement impairments, compensatory movements and posture imbalances are my anchor points, from where I combine my knowledge from Physiotherapy, Pilates and Osteopathy to make a change for the better.
Which conditions do you most enjoy treating?
- Treatment for musculoskeletal pain for all ages
- Specific corrective exercise prescription and the correction of faulty movement patterns
- Create a balanced body, improve sports performance and prevent injury
- 3-dimensional Schroth therapeutic exercises for spinal conditions
- Round back: Kyphosis
- Rehab Pilates for all ages especially pre & post-natal women and elderly
- Improve your pelvic floor muscle strength
- Increase your vitality, balance and endurance of the core
- Stress and tension-related disorders
Which days do you work at The Heeler Centre?
Monday to Friday 9 am - 5 pm